Wednesday, March 22, 2017

SPRING AHEAD

SPRING AHEAD


Spring arrived Monday with a definite cold punch.  My car rested under a blanket of snow with little warmth provided by my "quilt-in-training".   


 As I was digging (sorting sounds much nicer but I was really digging) through my stash I found a very cheerful Jelly Roll; bought a new quilt magazine (which I desperately needed 😉) and a new quilt idea was born. 



                                      

My neutral print featured snowflakes which seemed appropriate and the pattern was called "Hello, Garden ".  Perfect for spring dreaming or a really mixed up nature.

 I have been trying to clean, sort and organize my fabrics and sewing stash. I found an extraordinary number of UFO'S and am determined to finish. Some of these only need binding while others are in early stages. My New Years resolution was not to buy any more fabric but I must confess the resolution had been broken many times . And we are only 2 1/2 months into 2017 !!

 I want to call this my Happy Quilt because it is so cheerful. I had to buy some stashing today and found the perfect border. I only have a few blocks left to stitch and the top will be done. 

The weather forecast predicts that tonight we can expect 15-20 cm of snow, -22 degrees temperature and extremely high winds. Blizzard conditions. A good time to stay in and sew if the power doesn't cut out and if there is any energy left after shoveling.

Might be a good time to have a cuppa tea ready.



3 comments:

  1. New Year's Resolutions are just looking to be broken. That one, especially!
    Of course if it finishes off a lovely quilt ... and leaves nothing for the stash... it might be OK ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes it just too hard to resist! I'll be back in three weeks. I hope it makes a difference in the weather! Your quilt IS bright and cheery! So glad you shared! Stay safe and warm! XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your beautiful quilt! The colours are wonderful! You have the same blanket of snow we have! Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete